Check out Ken’s Fiery World on The Firecast Podcast!
Episode #84 – Starting a Hot Sauce Club, Plus the Health Benefits of Chile Peppers
Scott guides you step by step on how to launch a local hot sauce club. Ken Alexander and Scott discuss the health benefits of chile peppers, capsaicin and hot sauce. Boston Ballastic Hot Sauce is reviewed.
Links mentioned in the episode:
Health benefits of chile peppers & capsaicin sources and articles:
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition: Effects of Chili Consumption on Postprandial Glucose, Insulin, and Energy Metabolism
- LA Times: A Fiery Pod Full of Vitamins and Antioxidants
- NBC News: 9 Condiments That Are Good for You
- MedlinePlus: Antioxidants
- European Journal of Nutrition: Capsaicinoids Lower Plasma Cholesterol and Improve Endothelial Function in Hamsters
- Tabasco Country Store: TABASCO Original Red Sauce
- Elmhurst College: pH Scale
- MedlinePlus: Acidosis
- American Heart Association: Shaking the Salt Habit
- Taco Bell: Full Nutrition Information
- ABC News: The World’s Hottest Pepper: Brings Pleasure and Pain Relief
- Cancer Research: Capsaicin, a Component of Red Peppers, Inhibits the Growth of Androgen-Independent, p53 Mutant Prostate Cancer Cells
- U.S. Pharmacist: Capsaicin: Risks and Benefits
- University of Maryland Medical Center: Cayenne
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center: Capsaicin
- Cancer Research: Capsaicin, A Component of Red Peppers, Inhibits the Growth of Androgen-Independent, P53 Mutant Prostate Cancer Cells
- Journal of Proteome Research: Proteomic Analysis for Antiobesity Potential of Capsaicin on White Adipose Tissue in Rats Fed with a High Fat Diet
- European Journal of Clinical Nutrition: Capsaicinoids Lower Plasma Cholesterol and Improve Endothelial Function in Hamsters
- Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry: Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and Serum Levels of Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I in Normotensive and Hypertensive Volunteers with Alopecia
- American Institute for Cancer Research: Some Like It Hot
The Firecast is Sponsored in Part By:
- American West Beef Company – Get FREE SHIPPING and meat delivered to your house for up to 60% off!
- Chilehead Tees – Are you a heat freak? Whether you love hot sauce, chile peppers, buffalo wings, BBQ, bacon, or anything dealing with fiery & spicy foods, this is the place to get t-shirts and swag to show off your obsession.
- Sucklebusters – Texas BBQ Rubs, BBQ Sauces & Texas GunPowder! SuckleBusters is preferred by competition BBQ Cooks, and has won numerous awards including back-to-back 1st Place sauce wins at the American Royal – the World series of BBQ competitions.
- Dr. BBQ’s Low & Slow BBQ at Home Online Barbecue Class
Other Links mentioned in the episode:
- :finn Slide Guitarist Soundcloud Page
- The Firecast Podcast Page on iTunes – please rate and review!
- Scott Roberts’ Blog
- Scott Roberts’ Facebook Page
- Scott Roberts Twitter Page
- Scott Roberts’ YouTube Channel
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Click Above to Listen to This Episode Now!
Blogger | Writer | Voice-Over Artist
Websites: http://www.scottrobertsweb.com | http://www.scottrobertsvoice.com
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ScottRobertsWeb | http://facebook.com/ScottRobertsVoiceOvers
Posted on November 6, 2015, in Barbecue, Fiery World, Hot and Spicy Food, Hot Sauce, Hot Sauce Review, Hot Sauce, Spicy Food, hotsauce, Fiery World, It's a Fiery World, hotsauce, It's a Fiery World, Spicy Food, Spicy Food Reviews, Uncategorized, Weekly Firecast, Scott Roberts and tagged fiery world, hotsauce, IKen Alexander, It's A Fiery World, Scott Roberts, ScottRobertsweb. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.