Category Archives: Barbecue
The big sale is back, and we will update it as we get new additions to our listings. It usually grows as we get closer to the holiday, so if you are shopping or curious of what will be offered, then keep coming back. If you are a company that would like to add your sale to our listing, then please either email me your whole sale as you wish it to be listed, and I will link to your website or sales page OR you can post below in the comments. We will also we sharing this listing with some other chile blogs and numerous Facebook groups.
It is very important to note that we only want to include companies that have met all the legal requirements to sell products online and ship across the US. I can not speak of international law, so companies wishing to ship outside the US are free to do so at their own discretion. We encourage our Chilehead friends to support these small market companies and the small market companies to support the Chilehead Community.
A huge thanks to Al “Buddah” Goldenberg of I Love It Spicy for getting this sale together.
Howling Dog Hot Sauce
FREE SHIPPING (Priority Mail 2-3 day shipping includes $50 insurance) and 10% off on a set of 5 bottles for $36.00. Regular price is $7.99/bottle.
Mix and Match flavors – Cayenne, Jalapeno, Chipotle, Ghostly Chipotle and Tomatillo.
Black Friday Sale will be buy 3 get 1 free sale, and then will be doing 40% off the entire store front on Cyber Monday.
Heat Hot Sauce Shop
We will be offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $45 with coupon code “ILOVEITSPICY” through Christmas day – our selection has doubled since we did this promotion last year, so you can now get free shipping and low prices on over 400 incredible artisan hot sauces and other fiery foods. Plus, check out our freebies section to add your choice of superhot pods, spicy candy, or hot sauce sample packets, completely free.
We’re also offering 10% off any subscription to our Hot Sauce of the Month Club with the code “CHILEHEAD”. Our monthly club makes a perfect gift, and it includes unlimited free add-on shipping from our online shop. January’s featured sauce will be a brand new release exclusive to us, so members are in for a treat!
On top of all of this, we have some great deals on specific sauces (like Reapercussions for 30% off!), and awesome gift sets too. For a full list of sales visit: www.HeatHotSauce.com/BlackFriday.
Patter Fam Sauces
Discount code BlackFriday2016 for 20% off and Free Shipping on orders over $70
Then we will do Cyber Monday as well, Discount Code CyberMonday2016 for 20% off and Free Shipping on order over $70
Hellfire Hot Sauce
We will be doing our Annual 50% off sale on all of our sauces
Free shipping on orders over $50 through Dec 31st.
We will be offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $45 with coupon code “ILOVEITSPICY”. We are approaching 1,000 hot sauces, BBQ necessities (rubs, sauces, marinades), spices, seasonings, gifts and other gourmet foods. Free shipping applies to the US only. This offer can not be combined with any other discounts and is only available from November 25th (Black Friday) to midnight EST November 28th (Cyber Monday).
CaJohn’s Fiery Foods
40% Off on Cyber Monday on all items using CODE: CYBER2016
Bigfat’s Hot Sauce
We are offering 30% off all sauces and gift packs Black Friday through Cyber Monday!! Stay home, shop and avoid the insanity! Use coupon code NOPUSHING at checkout.
Hot Sauce Depot
Free shipping on all orders over $60 on Black Friday 11/25/16. LOW prices and no coupon code needed!v
Kearley Seeds & Pepper Co.
We are offering our first ever Black Friday, Small Business Saturday & Cyber Monday sales! See the sales below. Don’t forget you can grab an e-gift card for the Chileheads in your life while you’re there! Shop online or, if you’re local, you can order online and arrange to pick up your items. This will be first ordered first served!
- Carolina Reaper seeds: 50+ seeds for $9.99! 50 packs available.
- Our already discounted Big Seed Collections will be 25% off! That’s a huge deal!
- Spend $35 or more on products and you’ll get a Basic Seed Starting Kit free! (Not applicable to purchasing gift cards)
- BOGO (Buy One Get One) on the following rare and other seed varieties:
Chocolate Lava Scorpion, Bhut Jolokia, Peach, Moruga Scorpion Red, Brainstrain Red, 7 Pot Primo, Kale, Cucumber, Bean Varieties & Lettuce Varieties (including Collards).
- FREE SHIPPING!!!
Small Business Saturday
- BOGO (Buy One Get One) on the following rare seed and other varieties: Moruga Scorpion Red, Brainstrain, Carolina Reaper, 7 Pot Primo, Kale, Cucumber, Bean Varieties & Lettuce Varieties (including Collards).
- Spend $35 or more on products and you’ll get a Basic Seed Starting Kit free! (Not applicable to purchasing gift cards)
- Our already discounted Big Seed Collections will be 10% off!
BOGO (Buy One Get One) on the following rare and other seed varieties:
- Brainstrain Red, Carolina Reaper, 7 Pot Primo, Yellow 7 Pot Scorpion, Bhut Jolokia Peach, Peruvian White Habanero, Kale, Cucumber, Bean Varieties & Lettuce Varieties (including Collards).
- Our already discounted Big Seed Collections will be 15% off!
- Spend $75 or more on products and you’ll get a Green Thumb Seed Starting Kit free! (Not applicable to purchasing gift cards.)
Crazy Good Specialty Foods
20% off all products and free shipping for orders over $50.
Voodoo Chili Sauces
rotating sales, may change daily, ANY/ALL flash sales (link above) through Dec 15th all include FREE SHIPPING
Wild Bill’s Sauces
Black Friday through the end of November, get 40% off all purchases. Use code: grabone at checkout.
We’re doing a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale! Take 35% off all products by using the code BLKFRIDAY
Madison Chocolatiers West
30% off sale on order for Black Friday.
Apinya Thai Food Co. – (http://apinya.co/) Huge Black Friday and Small Business Saturday Sale – 50% off of everything with $2 shipping on all orders. Sales direct link: HERE
Both of Dave’s Gourmet hot sauce gift packs are on sale for the entire Black Friday weekend for $19.99. It makes a great gift for spicy food lovers! You can choose from the Super Hot 2oz 4-Pk Wood Crate or the Spicy Six Pack.
25% off coupon code – black
PuckerButt Pepper Company
50% off Hot Sauce and Seeds. Use promo code BLACKFRIDAY2016
Sauce Goddess Gourmet LLC
20% off anything on our site, coupon code- iloveitspicy
now thru Dec 20th
still get free shipping for orders over $50
if you don’t lick your fingers, someone else will
I was a little leery of BBQ in the middle of the “tourist” section of Nashville, but Jacks on Broadway turned out to be a nice hole in the wall with excellent food! Served cafeteria style, I had the 3 meat combo with pork shoulder, brisket, and smoked chicken. The brisket was flavorful, lean, with a great smoke ring. The pork had a little fat, but not much, and while not as good as the brisket, it had good texture and flavor. The smoked chicken breast was moist gave me a nice smoke flavor. Portions were average size – about 4 oz each. The slaw is a nice vinegar slaw with a light tang and not heavy at all. It paired very well with the pork and the brisket. The cornbread was served as 2 small, thin slices and was dense and just okay.
Jacks serves 3 sauces – original – their take on a tangy Carolina sauce; Texas – a tomato based thick, sweet sauce; and Kansas City style- darker, richer, with a molasses undertone. I wasn’t a big fan of the Texas, but Kansas City sauce was pretty good, with a slight tang along with the dark, rich molasses tone. My favorite was the original, and it’s slightly thinner, tangier but still “sweetish” profiles worked very well with all 3 meats!
But the star attractions – the smoked meats, were well worth waiting in a line that wrapped outside the door. Thanks, Jacks, for a good meal!! Next time you’re in Nashville check them out and tell ’em I sent you! Why? Because, Ladies and Gentlemen, It’s a Fiery, and flavorful, World!!!
When I heard that Born to Hula was putting a BBQ sauce on the market, I instantly knew I had to try it! Imperial Apple! I’ve been seeing it on the various hot sauce and BBQ groups on Facebook with it’s beautiful label and mouth-watering description! Man oh man!! And lo and behold, a gift arrived at my doorstep today, like manna from heaven! And it was so glorious that I could of sworn I heard angels sing when I opened it! Ten minutes later it was slathered all over my left over grilled chicken breast! And here I am the very same evening just having to share!
It’s a stunning looking label- black with a metallic BTH crested eagle logo and lettering, with a nice unique label shape (see picture!). It has a rich looking, commanding presence with a genuinely German feel and the phrase “100% Natürlich” (that’s natural for you non German speakers!) on the label is a nice touch. And with ingredients like Berentzen Apple Liqueur and Applewood smoked habaneros accompanying the molasses, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, vine-ripened tomatoes and spices, I knew I was in for a treat!
And it did not disappoint! It was thick, robing the chicken evenly, with a nice texture. The richly colored sauce was oh so slightly acidic from the tomatoes and apple cider vinegar, but with just enough acidity to open the palate and get the tastebuds ready for the mild, sweet, apple flavor. Pair that with a zesty pop from the liqueur, a bold “we are spices, hear us roar” statement from the spice blend, and then a subtle, smartly layered habanero based heat that is the undertone for the entire flavor spectrum, and it was just Wünderbar! The applewood smoked habs was a creative stroke of genius, using a nice, bright pepper, but using the applewood smoke to tone down the citrusy sharpness of the hab so it didn’t overpower the other flavor profiles. Born to Hula’s Imperial Apple BBQ sauce now sets right next to a very small club of what I consider top end BBQ sauces!
Ed and Amy Bucholtz have definitely been on a positive roll lately, introducing one winner after another. Their Smokehaus salsa and Smokehaus Blues, the new fatalli based smoked pineapple hot sauce, and now the Imperial Apple BBQ sauce proudly accompany their existing lineup of award winning sauces and spicy snacks. Go to their website, http://www.borntohula.com and stock up on some fiery goodness today! And don’t forget to tell them I sent you! Why, ladies and gentlemen? Because we all know – It’s a Fiery World!!!
Episode #84 – Starting a Hot Sauce Club, Plus the Health Benefits of Chile Peppers
Scott guides you step by step on how to launch a local hot sauce club. Ken Alexander and Scott discuss the health benefits of chile peppers, capsaicin and hot sauce. Boston Ballastic Hot Sauce is reviewed.
Links mentioned in the episode:
Health benefits of chile peppers & capsaicin sources and articles:
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition: Effects of Chili Consumption on Postprandial Glucose, Insulin, and Energy Metabolism
- LA Times: A Fiery Pod Full of Vitamins and Antioxidants
- NBC News: 9 Condiments That Are Good for You
- MedlinePlus: Antioxidants
- European Journal of Nutrition: Capsaicinoids Lower Plasma Cholesterol and Improve Endothelial Function in Hamsters
- Tabasco Country Store: TABASCO Original Red Sauce
- Elmhurst College: pH Scale
- MedlinePlus: Acidosis
- American Heart Association: Shaking the Salt Habit
- Taco Bell: Full Nutrition Information
- ABC News: The World’s Hottest Pepper: Brings Pleasure and Pain Relief
- Cancer Research: Capsaicin, a Component of Red Peppers, Inhibits the Growth of Androgen-Independent, p53 Mutant Prostate Cancer Cells
- U.S. Pharmacist: Capsaicin: Risks and Benefits
- University of Maryland Medical Center: Cayenne
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center: Capsaicin
- Cancer Research: Capsaicin, A Component of Red Peppers, Inhibits the Growth of Androgen-Independent, P53 Mutant Prostate Cancer Cells
- Journal of Proteome Research: Proteomic Analysis for Antiobesity Potential of Capsaicin on White Adipose Tissue in Rats Fed with a High Fat Diet
- European Journal of Clinical Nutrition: Capsaicinoids Lower Plasma Cholesterol and Improve Endothelial Function in Hamsters
- Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry: Effects of Capsaicin and Isoflavone on Blood Pressure and Serum Levels of Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I in Normotensive and Hypertensive Volunteers with Alopecia
- American Institute for Cancer Research: Some Like It Hot
The Firecast is Sponsored in Part By:
- American West Beef Company – Get FREE SHIPPING and meat delivered to your house for up to 60% off!
- Chilehead Tees – Are you a heat freak? Whether you love hot sauce, chile peppers, buffalo wings, BBQ, bacon, or anything dealing with fiery & spicy foods, this is the place to get t-shirts and swag to show off your obsession.
- Sucklebusters – Texas BBQ Rubs, BBQ Sauces & Texas GunPowder! SuckleBusters is preferred by competition BBQ Cooks, and has won numerous awards including back-to-back 1st Place sauce wins at the American Royal – the World series of BBQ competitions.
- Dr. BBQ’s Low & Slow BBQ at Home Online Barbecue Class
Other Links mentioned in the episode:
- :finn Slide Guitarist Soundcloud Page
- The Firecast Podcast Page on iTunes – please rate and review!
- Scott Roberts’ Blog
- Scott Roberts’ Facebook Page
- Scott Roberts Twitter Page
- Scott Roberts’ YouTube Channel
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Click Above to Listen to This Episode Now!
Blogger | Writer | Voice-Over Artist
Websites: http://www.scottrobertsweb.com | http://www.scottrobertsvoice.com
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ScottRobertsWeb | http://facebook.com/ScottRobertsVoiceOvers