Category Archives: Hot Sauce Festival
I have to admit my heart went pitter pat when I got a message from Carol Borge today with the initial list of fiery vendors for the 2016 Houston Hot Sauce Festival! And I’m sure there will certainly be additions to the list as the Festival, always tbe 3rd weekend of September, approaches! With great vendors, good food, music and entertainment, this gulf coast fest is one of the go to events of the year!! And with a new indoor venue, I can’t wait for it to get here!!! Why, you ask? Because, Ladies and Gentlemen – It’s a Fiery World!!!!
Austin Gourmet Foods
Big Daddy’s Hot Sauce
Bravado Spice Co.
CaJohn’s Fiery Foods
Call Me Gourmet
Cin Chili & Company
Frog Bone Cajun Sauces
High Octane Sauce Company
Hot Line Pepper Products
Katie’s Premium Jerky & Snacks
Kearly Seeds and Pepper Co.
Ken’s Pepper Works
Lisa’s Sweet and Spicy Pickles
Mild to Wild Pepper Co.
Patsy G’s Mustard
Puckerbutt Pepper Company
Rib Rangers Products of Texas
Salsa Maya LLC
Smither Family Kitchen
Texas Select Seasonings
Tricky Dix Mojo, LLC
Immediate ReleaseJanuary 10th, 2016
The Hot Sauce Hall of Fame Final Ballot Announcement
The Hot Sauce Hall of Fame is back and commissioner Steve Seabury of High River Sauces will conduct the induction ceremony live at the 4th annual NYC Hot Sauce Expo in Brooklyn, NY on April 23rd at 2 PM. This year the Hall of Fame will induct 5 people who have been very instrumental in the Hot Sauce industry. The inducted class of 2016 will receive a distinctive Red Jacket, Hall of Fame Ring and will be enshrined legendary of honors into the Hot Sauce Hall of Fame.
To be eligible for the nominating or voting process, a person must operate within the fiery foods industry for a minimum of 3 years. These people also known as the Selection Committee, consists of hot sauce companies, retailers, distributors, exporters, chile pepper growers, media and restaurateurs who specialize if spicy foods and hot sauce. The Selection Committee will be polled by email from the Hall of Fame’s Senators Board in which the board will eventually narrow the Selection Committee’s ballots down to the final list to 10.
After months of debating and voting from the Selection Committee, the committee have narrowed down their final nominations to some of the biggest and brightest names in the industry.
The Final Ballot Nominations:
1. Alvin Baumer – Crystal Hot Sauce: Started in 1923, Crystals has become a Louisiana institution and is one of the fastest growing condiment manufacturers in the country with over 4.5 million gallons of hot sauce each year.
2. Blair Lazar – Blair’s: Heating up over 31 countries, printed in six languages, and Guinness World
Record certified with the hottest product created, Blair’s passion for peppers is ever present. It is what fuels the fiery phenomena that’s called the Death Sauce.
3. David Ashley – Mad Dog: Owner of Ashley Foods. David has been creating hot sauce for well over 20 plus years and was one of the first to sell extract sauces with his 357 Mad Dog Hot Sauce.
4. Dave Lutes -Hot Shots Distribution: Founder of Hot Shots Distribution. One of the original hot sauce distributors and one of the biggest. Still operating for almost 20 years.
5. David Tran – Huy Fong Foods (Sriracha Sauce): Started in 1980 and has grown to be the leader in Asian Hot Sauce with his Sriracha Sauce also known to hot sauce fans as the “Rooster Sauce”.
6. Jacob Frank – Founder of Franks Red Hot. The first bottle was produced in 1920 and later became the secret ingredient for the Buffalo Wings in Buffalo, NY. “I Put That $#!t on Everything!”
7. Jose-Luis Saavedra, Sr. – Tapatio Salsa Picante Hot Sauce: Started in 1971 in Vernon, CA. Celebrating 45 years of making in 2016 it has now grown into one of the biggest family owned hot sauce companies in the country. It’s a sauce that’s…very saucy!
8. Marie Sharp – Marie Sharp’s & the Original Melinda’s: Owner Marie Sharp’s Fine Foods Ltd. – Started making sauce in the early 80’s and actually was the creator of Melinda’s sauces. Her sauce is the quintessential Central American hot sauce awesome flavor and great heat!
9. Sam Garner – Texas Pete: This hot sauce was introduced to the world in 1929 and is now the 3rd largest selling hot sauce in the country.
10. Si Brown – Louisiana Brand Hot Sauce: Founded in New Iberia, Louisiana in 1928. The brand now features the word, “Original” in its name along with the famous Red Dot. The hot sauce is known for being full of flavor without an overwhelming amount of heat.
For More Information Please Contact Steve Seabury: email@example.com
NYC Hot Sauce Expo: http://www.NYCHotSauceExpo.com
Hot Sauce Hall of Fame: Website Coming Soon
Episode #79 – BBQ Chat with Big Moe Cason
Big Moe Cason steps into the interviewee chair and talks about what he likes and doesn’t like in barbecue, and also discusses his TV career with shows like BBQ Pitmasters. Ken and Scott list their heroes and mentors in the chilehead world, and Scott reviews Scott O’Hotty’s The Ghost Sauce.
Links mentioned in the episode:
The Firecast is Sponsored in Part By:
- Chilehead Tees – Are you a heat freak? Whether you love hot sauce, chile peppers, buffalo wings, BBQ, bacon, or anything dealing with fiery & spicy foods, this is the place to get t-shirts and swag to show off your obsession.
- Sucklebusters – Texas BBQ Rubs, BBQ Sauces & Texas GunPowder! SuckleBusters is preferred by competition BBQ Cooks, and has won numerous awards including back-to-back 1st Place sauce wins at the American Royal – the World series of BBQ competitions.
- Dr. BBQ’s Low & Slow BBQ at Home Online Barbecue Class
Other Links mentioned in the episode:
- Ken’s Fiery World
- The Firecast Podcast Page on iTunes – please rate and review!
- Scott Roberts’ Blog
- Scott Roberts Twitter Page
- Scott Roberts’ YouTube Channel
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Click Above to Listen to This Episode Now!
Blogger | Writer | Voice-Over Artist
Websites: http://www.scottrobertsweb.com | http://www.scottrobertsvoice.com
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ScottRobertsWeb | http://facebook.com/ScottRobertsVoiceOvers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 22nd, 2015
NYC Hot Sauce Expo LIVE on YOUTUBE
High River Sauces and the NYC Hot Sauce Expoare beyond excited to be teaming up with our friends The Chili Alchemist from the UK. The Chile Alchemist will sit side stage to bring you the birds eye view of their live stream from the Expos Main Stage. This 2 day live stream from Youtube will give the viewer exclusive footage of one of America’s biggest hot sauce shows in the world. They will be taking you behind the scenes as they interview hot sauce creators, the unsuspecting public, chilli eating competitors, the show’s creators & some of the Hot Sauce Hall of Fame inductees.
“Having attended the NYC Hot Sauce Expo last year, we just had to come back! We had so much fun & discovered some amazing products & people. Being asked by Steve Seabury to attend in a more official capacity & run a live stream is such an incredible honour & opportunity. The Clifton Chilli Club love spreading the chilli love & this is such a great platform to do this.”
If you are unfortunate enough to miss out on this incredible expo, tune in & witness all the heat & spice from the comfort of your living room! We’ll be taking your questions via a live chat feed so we can ask our guests your questions. We hope you can join us!
Saturday Live Feed Link: https://youtu.be/Ikp3hAsbDv4
Sunday Live Feed Link: https://youtu.be/8Fkva5Ao3rs
For more info about creators of The Clifton Chilli Club please visit their website. http://www.chillialchemist.co.uk/
Brooklyn Expo Center
For more information about the NYC Hot Sauce Expoplease contact Steve Seabury: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official website: www.NYCHotSauceExpo.com