August 12, 2014
NYC Hot Sauce Expo – Presents The Hot Sauce Hall of Fame
Steve Seabury owner of High River Sauces and the organizer of the NYC Hot Sauce Expo will present to the world the official Hot Sauce Hall of Fame Foundation. The Hot Sauce Hall of Fame will induct 5 people in its inaugural year and each of the following years they will induct 3 all of which have been very instrumental in the fiery foods industry. Each year the NYC Hot Sauce Expo will present and host the induction ceremony to enshrine the legends of the industry to this greatest of honors.
The Hot Sauce Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony will be held on Saturday April 25th on the main stage after the Screaming Mi Mi Awards show. Inductees will receive a distinctive red jacket, an achievement trophy and will be featured on exhibit at the Hot Sauce Hall of Fame Library each year at NYC Hot Sauce Expo.
This year the 3rd Annual NYC Hot Sauce Expo will take place on April 25th and April 26th 2015.
The first group on the inaugural ballot are some of the biggest and brightest names in the industry.
1. Blair Lazar – Owner Blair’s Sauces and Snacks also came out with one of the if not the first extract hot sauce. Took the collector sauce/limited edition sauce to new heights. Also took extreme heat to the limit with some of the hottest sauces ever.
2. Chip Hearn – One of the original hot sauce websites, as well as one of the first, and one of the largest national zesty distributors, Peppers.com. Inventor of the Bloody Mary Smorgasbord in 1978. Originated the “risqué” hot sauce genre at the 1989 National Fiery Foods Show.
3. David Ashley – Owner Ashley Foods. Another one of the first users of extract sauces in the early 90’s. Was one of the first to collaborate with and have celebrity driven sauces.
4. Dave DeWitt – “The Pope of Peppers” – Author and maybe the original “Chilehead” Started the Fiery Foods Show 26 years ago and set the standard for The Big Hot Sauce Show.
5. Dave Hirschkop – Owner Dave’s Gourmet and creator of Dave’s Insanity one of the, if not the 1st extract hot sauce. Was one of the first to create “limited edition sauces” and was instrumental in the collector hot sauce craze.
6. Dave Lutz – Founder of Hot Shots Inc. one of the original hot sauce distributors and still operating for almost 20 years.
7. Edmund McIlhenny – Created Tabasco in the 1860’s and is the best-selling hot sauce ever.
8. Jim Campbell – Was one of the first pepper growers who supplied hot sauce companies their peppers from their early starts. Was very instrumental for the early success of some of the leading hot sauce makers like Blairs, CaJohns and Dave’s Insanity.
9. John Hard – Owner of CaJohns Hot Sauce. The God Father of the hot sauce industry. Started in 1996 and has garnered over 200 regional, national and international awards.
10. Marie Sharp – Owner Marie Sharp’s Fine Foods Ltd. – Started making sauce in the early 80’s and actually was the creator of Melinda’s Sauces. Her sauce is the quintessential Central American hot sauce with amazing flavor and great heat!
To be eligible for the nominating or voting process, a person must operate within the fiery foods industry for a minimum of 3 years. These people will be known as the Selection Committee which will consist of hot sauce companies, retailers, distributors, exporters, chile pepper growers, media and restaurateurs who specialize if spicy foods and hot sauce. The Selection Committee will be polled by email from the Hall of Fame’s Senators Board in which the board will eventually narrow the Selection Committee’s ballot to a list to 10.
After the nomination process The Selection Committee will then receive the final ballot from the Senators Board. To be elected, a finalist must receive the top 3 votes from the Selection Committee. If a person has been nominated 3 separate times by the committee and does not get inducted their name will be removed from future elections for a waiting period of 5 years.
For More Information Please Contact Steve Seabury: email@example.com
Info on the NYC Hot Sauce Expo: http://www.NYCHotSauceExpo.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 28th, 2014
Guinness Book of Records – Smokin Ed’s Carolina Reaper Challenge
New York’s own High River Sauces proudly presents the 2nd Annual New York City Hot Sauce Expo on March 29th and 30th . This year’s Expo will host only the best artisanal sauce companies in the United States. Last year’s Expo proved to be a capsaicin rush for all who attended including ticket holders and vendors a like. This year organizers are turning up the heat with spicy drinks, craft beers from Laginitas Brewery, insane eating challenges, hot sauce tastings and the prestigious Screaming Mi Mi Award Show.
One of the highlights of the Expo is on Sunday, March 30th at 4 PM EST. The Puckerbutt Pepper Company “Presents the Smokin’ Ed’s Carolina Reaper Eating Challenge” which the Guinness Book of Records will be on hand to judge and declare the winner with the World Record for eating the most Smokin’ Ed’s Carolina Reaper Peppers in 60 seconds. This eating challenge will be one of the most anticipated events in fiery foods and professional eating industries combined. Many will enter but only one will survive the wrath.
“Of all the shows we have scheduled for the year, the NYC Hot Sauce Expo is the one we are most excited about,” said Currie. “Not only do I get to bring the HEAT to my hometown, but we are going to roll out the first EVER Guinness World Record-Winning Smokin’ Ed’s Carolina Reaper Eating Contest. We are expecting giants from all over the globe to try to win this title.”
Guinness World Records announced its recognition of PuckerButt Pepper Company as the winner and title of the World’s Hottest Pepper. Smokin Ed’s Carolina Reaper beat out former record-holder Trinidad Scorpion “Butch T”. The Smokin’ Ed’s Carolina Reaper delivers an average of 1,569,300 Scoville Heat Units (SHU). In comparison, Jalapeno peppers only have a rating of 2,500 to 8,000 SHU.
For more eating challenges and a full schedule of events at the Expo please check out this link for more information: http://www.nychotsauceexpo.com/schedule.php
The 2nd Annual New York City Hot Sauce Expo
March 29th & 30th 2014
401 7th Ave
New York, NY 10001
This year’s Expo will feature 45 different award winning hot sauce companies with tastings, eating challenges, spicy food vendors, cooking demos, and plenty of odd ball entertainment fun for the whole family. Come to the heartbeat of Manhattan to celebrate the pepper.
For more information about the 2nd Annual New York City Hot Sauce Expo please contact Steve Seabury: firstname.lastname@example.org